top of page
  • Capt. Eric


(The other one)

Crossing the border was uneventful, with beautiful calm and clear weather. Arrival into Port Sidney Marina isn't difficult, but there are many rocks so keeping an eye on the chart and identifying all aids to navigation is really important.

Hailing Port Sidney Marina by VHF, they confirmed my reservation and that the customs dock was also available, so I went in directly to get my clearance. Once at the dock, I picked up the custom's phone and after a 15 minute wait, was connected to an officer who asked me a few simple questions. And then, simple as that, we were cleared for Canada, so I lowered my "Q" flag and moved the boat to my assigned spot.

Maneuvering the boat into my spot felt familiar, as if I'm getting to know and understand my boat now, rather than just maneuver it like any boat I'd step on. I really enjoy the powerful large propeller, large articulated rudder and bow thruster combination. The boat can turn in its length and responds well and predictably.

Wasting no time, Princess and I jumped ashore, and went for a long exploration walk of the town. Sidney seems to be a real nice little place, and the marina is right at the heart of the action, with shopping within a few blocks walking distance. Certainly a place to keep in mind if we need a little respite during the colder months later on.

Leaving Princess on board, I went for provisions at the local supermarket. I had intended to only buy the fruits and veggies you're not allowed to bring in from the US for customs' reason, but finding a good selection and reasonable prices, I ended up with a much bigger cart.

Next door was a traditional bakery, so I ordered 20 croissants.

Shore power connection, wifi and water spigot completed the picture so I could refill the battery, water tanks and catch up on the news, getting Enfin ready to go and explore the Southern Gulf Islands while waiting for Di.

41 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


Post: Blog2_Post
bottom of page